Keeping your computer protected from malware and threats is crucial in today’s digital landscape. Fortunately scanning with Defender provides a simple and effective way to scan your PC for potential risks. In this concise guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to run a scan with Windows Defender, ensuring your system remains safeguarded.
How to Run a Windows Defender Security Scan
- Access Windows Security: Click the Start button, search for “Windows Security,” and open the app.
- Enter Virus & Threat Protection: In the Windows Security app, click on the “Virus & Threat Protection” tab.
- Start a Quick Scan: Select “Quick Scan” to swiftly check common areas where threats may hide.
- Wait for Completion: Allow Defender to scan your system this duration depends on your computer’s size.
- Review Scan Results: After completion, Windows Defender displays the results. It takes action against detected threats, such as quarantining or removing them.
- Optional: Perform a Full Scan: For a thorough examination, choose the “Full Scan” option instead of Quick Scan.
With Windows Defender, you can easily run scans and protect your PC from malware and other threats. Regular scanning is vital for maintaining a secure computing environment. Follow these steps to ensure your digital world stays safe and secure.